Free OGV Video Converter is a free program that converts video files to OGV format. To convert video streams the application uses Theora encoder, audio stream - Vorbis encoder.
Free OGV Video Converter is a free application that allows you to convert almost any audio and video file to OGV format. Video files created by the program are compatible with HTML5, so you can use them on your websites.
The video stream in the input file is encoded using Theora encoder, and audio stream with Vorbis encoder. The program supports two-pass encoding, which provides high image quality and reduces the size of the output file.
Basic operation of the program is very simple: just drag & drop video files into main window, select the Default encoder settings on the Profile list and click thebutton on the toolbar.
More advanced users can customize many video and audio encoding parameters: audio and video bitrate, display aspect ratio, frames per second, resolution, audio sampling frequency, volume, keyframe interval, brightness, saturation, time range and other.
Sample file generated by program: FILE0073.html
The most important features
- Converting video and audio files to OGV.
- Supported input formats: AVI, DIVX, XVID, MPG, MPEG, MPE, MP4V, WMV, ASF, MP4, M4V, MOV, QT, 3GP, 3GPP, 3G2, 3GP2, 3GA, MKV, MKA, FLV, SWF (uncompressed), F4V, F4P, F4A, F4B, WEBM, VOB, DAT, RM, RMVB, OGM, OGV, AMV, DVR-MS, DAV, M2TS, MTS, WTV, TS, VIDEO, HEVC, WAV, MP3, AC3, EAC3, AAC, MPC, MPA, MP1, MP2, M4A, M4B, M4P, WMA, FLAC, SHN, APE, OGG, OGA, WV, AMR, AIFF, DTS, GSM, QCP, RA, VQF, THD, TRUEHD, TRUE-HD, DTSHD, DTS-HD, AVS, M4R, TTA.
- Supported video encoders: Theora (libtheora).
- Supported audio encoders: Vorbis (libvorbis).
- The possibility to convert any audio stream from a video file with multiple audio tracks.
- A number of predefined conversion profiles. Possibility to save your own settings to an INI file.
- A large number of encoding parameters: audio and video bitrate, display aspect ratio, frames per second (fps), number of audio channels, audio sampling, volume, changing the resolution, scaling and cropping the image, deinterlacing, color conversion to grayscale or sepia, brightness, saturation, horizontal & vertical flip, rotation, keyframe interval (GOP size) and other.
- Support for 2-pass encoding which provides high image quality.
- The ability to save encoder commands to BAT file.
- The program is portable: it does not use system registry and all settings are stored in INI files. Thanks to this program can be run from portable devices such as pendrives, removable drives.
- The program has a built-in support for multiple languages. Current version supports Czech, English, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese (BR), Serbian, Spanish, Turkish.
- 100% freeware! - for private and commercial use. The program does not require registration, there is no built-in limitations, does not add to the generated files "watermarks", etc.
How to uninstall?
- Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
- On the list of installed programs select Free OGV Video Converter and then click Uninstall. This will launch the uninstall wizard.
- Follow the instructions displayed on the screen.
End User License Agreement
3rd party software
To encode the video files the program uses the FFmpeg encoder (ffmpeg.org).
To retrieve information about video files, the program uses the library MediaInfo.dll (http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/).
The program is accompanied by a special version of the FFmpeg encoder, adapted to the needs of the program. Not recommended to use other versions of FFmpeg.
Version 1.3 (2021.01.29)
- Updated conversion engine (FFmpeg) and multimedia information library (MediaInfo).
- Information about the conversion progress is displayed on the title bar of the main window and on the taskbar.
- FFmpeg encoder parameters window (F2): information has been divided into groups displayed on separate lines, which facilitates parameter analysis.
- Fixed Stack overflow bug when selecting next files in the list very quickly.
- Added support for files from network shares whose names start with the characters
- The information module has been extended.
Data returned by MediaInfo is now also displayed in HTML and JSON format.
A new tab has been added with the hexadecimal dump of the first 10 KB of the examined file.
For easier identification, video streams are now highlighted in red, audio - green, subtitles - purple, chapters (menu) - blue.
Displaying the CRC32 checksum and MD5 hash of files up to 200 MB in size.
The window layout is now saved to the configuration file and restored the next time the program is started.
- Displaying the output directory on the title bar of the Output panel. This directory is also displayed when the panel is collapsed, so you no longer have to expand it to see where the resulting files will be saved.
- When saving the report to a text file in the File properties window, UTF-8 encoding is used (in previous versions the system default code page was used).
- After the user has interrupted the conversion, the program displays a window asking whether to delete the incompletely converted file. Such files usually have a damaged internal structure and cannot be played.
- If incorrect parameters are passed to the conversion engine (FFmpeg) and the conversion process fails, the output file will be automatically deleted. Such a file usually does not contain any data (0 bytes in size) and only unnecessarily litter the disk.
- Displaying additional information in the error log window.
- UTF-8 encoding (instead of the system code page) is used when writing the error log to a text file.
- When turning on dark visual styles, the main window icons are slightly grayed out to reduce the contrast.
- New About window displaying additional information.
- Lots of minor changes and fixes to the source code and the program interface.
Version 1.2 (2018.09.26)
- Program name was changed from Pazera OGV Converter to Free OGV Video Converter.
- From now program is also available in a 64-bit version.
- New conversion engine (FFmpeg) and multimedia information library (MediaInfo).
- Improved matching of encoding parameters with automatic settings.
- Improved detection of data streams in the source files.
- New modules: Tools info, Check for updates.
- New file list control with many additional features (sorting, row and column moving...).
- New columns: icon, full file name, duration, video (summary), video codec, video codec ID, video profile, video bitrate, width, height, resolution, display aspect, frames/sec., bits/pixel, scan type, video stream size, audio (summary), audio codec, audio codec ID, audio profile, audio bitrate, channels, sampling rate, audio stream size, menu, chapters, chapter title, chapter start, chapter end, chapter number.
- Added option to save the creation, last access and last write time of the source files in the output files.
- Displaying a more detailed information about the source files in the File properties window.
- Possibility to splitting the output files based on chapters stored in the source files.
- Possibility to hide panel with conversion settings.
- New icons.
- Better support for visual styles.
- Ability to set a prefix and suffix the names of the generated files.
- Additional navigation buttons.
- Added the ability to select visible columns from the context menu of the file list and from the main menu.
- Automatic scrolling of text in the window with the conversion progress.
- A lot of improvements and bug fixes.
Version 1.1 (2014.07.21)
- Changes in the program interface.
- New version of the FFmpeg encoder and MediaInfo library.
- Improved detection of data streams in video/audio files.
- Improved reading and writing of encoder parameters from/to profiles.
- New conversion profiles.
- Added support for Hungarian language.
Version 1.0 (2013.11.05)